CPS Entrepreneur in Residence Program
The CPS-Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIR) Programme is introduced to inspire the best talents to be entrepreneurs, minimize the risk involved in pursuing start-ups, and partially set off their opportunity costs of high-paying. The CPS-EIR program provides tremendous opportunities for innovative entrepreneurs to expand their networks and get critical feedback on their ventures in order to promote their entrepreneurial career goals and aspirations
• Guidance from experienced, innovative, and highly successful entrepreneurs on the business
concept, strategy, or venture, and insight into specific industries or markets.
• Best practices for starting a business and broadening the professional network.
• Technical guidance from Experts..
• Co-working spaces for developing the idea into a marketable product.
• To encourage graduating students to take on entrepreneurship by providing support as a fellowship.
• To provide a prestigious forum for deserving and budding entrepreneurs to pursue their ventures without any additional risks involved in technology-based businesses.
• To create, nurture and strengthen a pipeline of entrepreneurs for incubators.
• To make pursuing entrepreneurship related to a technology business idea more attractive among options available career options.
• To enable the creation of new start-ups by entrepreneurs and significant progress towards raising funding or investment.
• To help and promote UG/PG and PhD graduates where the thesis has potential for production and commercialization.
• Encourage graduate UG/PG and PhD students to take up entrepreneurship by providing extended fellowship (after graduation).
• Provide an opportunity to be part of the innovation development ecosystem team.
• The EIR applicant should be a citizen of India. An Indian citizen is one who owns a governmentapproved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s id, or Aadhaar card.
• EIR applicants either in their final semester or graduated (UG/ PG/ PhD/ etc.)
• EIR support recipient is expected to pursue his/her entrepreneurial aspirations full-time.
• EIR seeking support should demonstrate his/her ability to build a scalable technology business startup.
• EIR cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship.
• Applicants and their team members should not have previously availed of any CPS-EIR grant from DST-supported Institute.
• EIR support recipients should not treat this support as a stop-gap arrangement to support them in their academic pursuits or transition between jobs.
1) Healthcare in Cognitive Computing or Social Sensing
2) Education in Cognitive Computing or Social Sensing
3) Legal Information Systems in Cognitive Computing or Social Sensing
4) Others in Cognitive Computing or Social Sensing
- Time Duration: Up to 01 year
- During the program EIR support receipt(s) will explore their business idea or any other business idea suggested by iHub-Anubhuti.
- Apart from this, s/he expected to utilize 20% of their time to work with the iHub-Anubhuti team to work related to the promotion of Cognitive Computing and Social Sensing technologies.
Support Amount (per project) Maximum
- Up to 30,000 per month as a stipend
It is expected that EIR Support Recipients will work in the space provided by iHub-Anubhuti.
The disbursement of the monthly fellowship will be subject to a review of progress and the
candidate’s commitment to the program. In case of unsatisfactory progress, support may be
• It is expected that EIR Support Recipients will explore a technology-based business idea, find clarity
and potential team members, and move into the next stages of venture creation, i.e., prototyping,
product development, and commercialization.
• Start-up should be set up by the EIRs by the end of the program.
•Application to the program does not guarantee admission under the program.
• Received applications will be screened and only shortlisted participants will be notified/ informed about the final presentation to the Selection Committee.
• Selection committee decision for approval and funding support will be final, firm, and binding.
• The applicant is required to declare if he/she has applied for any CPS-PRAYAS or CPS-EIR support from any Centre.
•During the programme, the EIR receipt will not concurrently avail of any CPS-PRAYAS support from any other Centre.
•If the applicant is selected for CPS-EIR at iHub-Anubhuti, you shall not take any such (CPS-EIR) support from any other Centre.
This is a rolling advertisement. To Apply , please fill the application form.